Vipiteno is a neat, small medieval town in the Isarco Valley not far from Brennero Pass and it is also the gateway to the south. The city centre is ideal for strolling, shopping and enjoying. Excursion tips around Vipiteno
- Reifenstein Castle is one of the best preserved castles in South Tyrol. Visit the portculli, the torture chamber, the courtroom, the underground dungeon, and the St. Zeno chapel.
- Wolfsthurn Castle: South Tyrolean Museum for Hunting and Fishing
- Mines in Ridanna Monteneve: Silver, lead and zinc mine
- The Gilfenklamm Gorge is the only canyon in pure white marble worldwide
- Vipiteno, the merchant town - and also worth seeing are the medieval towns of Bressanone and Chiusa
- The Adventure and Wellbeing Pool Balneum in the sports zone of Vipiteno
You can find all pictures in our photogallery ...